Hexagora Forum
Hexagora Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Other hexagora products
 Programs (Programmi)
 [HELP] maxlength

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sfi_dev Posted - 15 Oct 2013 : 01:04:52
Hi there,

We use unicode controls 3.1.0.18. my question is on the maxlength proporty of the entry field controls.

Is there a setting or the like to make this maxlength relate to the utf8 size not unicode size. For example if I have a 10 character field and set the maxlength to 10, this will allow 10 japanese chracters to be entered but when converted to utf8 this will be approx 20 utf8 characters blowing the size of the resulting table field that will store the utf8 data. It would be good if I could set a single length that evaluates on the fly the utf8 length instead of the unicode length.

Are there any properties that allow for this ?

Thank-you

Sfi_dev
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sfi_dev Posted - 21 Oct 2013 : 01:50:37
Thank-you for your response.
s.dav Posted - 15 Oct 2013 : 08:39:34
Sorry, the maxlen property follows common user interface rules, it blocks the maximum lenght of writable characters into the input field.
IMO you need to set the size of your columns to the maxlen property * 3 as an Unicode char can be converted up to 3 ANSI/UTF8 chars.

Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000